The BGS MDS has a strong interest in promoting and participating in research in the field of Parkinson’s disease and Movement Disorders.
We are therefore delighted to be able to offer grants in support of small research, quality improvement and innovation projects in the field of older people with movement disorders.
The value of the grant awarded shall generally be in the region of £100 – £2000.
Conditions of the award:
- The grant will be awarded twice yearly at the discretion of the BGS MDS committee.
- The application deadlines shall be 31st July and 31st December to allow adjudication at the twice yearly BGS MDS committee meetings.
- The value of the grant shall be at the discretion of the BGS MDS committee and the adjudication process is final.
- The grant shall be used solely for the purpose set out in the application process.
- The applicant must be a member of the British Geriatrics Society Movement Disorder Section (join here).
- The applicant must agree to dissemination of their work by presenting their project at a BGS MDS meeting following completion of the project.
- Acknowledgement of the BGS Movement Disorder Section Grant must be made in any publication and/or presentation.
- The applicant agrees to submit a short blog article (250 – 300 words) outlining the benefits gained from the grant.
The application form is available here: BGSMDS grant application form
Please email back to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
British Geriatrics Society, Movement Disorders Section
Marjory Warren House
31 St John’s Square
London EC1M 4DN